Even though Christmas might be different this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate normal traditions – even if it has to be distanced or virtual this year! You can enjoy your Christmas while staying safe.
In the United States, Christmas is a large part of our society. But, with this deadly pandemic going on, how will that exactly change? Will we not be able to enjoy large gatherings with family and friends? Will there be less Christmas presents under the tree this year? With COVID-19 cases on the rise and significant holidays around the corner, there’s been a great deal of concern.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that these following measures be taken for upcoming holidays and potential gatherings:
- As there’s not a specific recommended number of people, gatherings may still remain at indoor settings while making sure it doesn’t get too crowded to the point where you can’t physically distance yourself from others.
- Require guests to wear masks and frequently sanitize/wash their hands as much as necessary.
- Try to keep it with immediate family only in order to avoid large crowds.
- Make sure you have a large amount of room between people.
- Avoid handshakes or any other types of physical contact
- Have the host clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces as much as possible to make the guests feel comfortable and safe.
Although these are not requirements from the CDC in order to have gatherings, they’re still very highly recommended in order to have a fun yet safe environment. You are still able to have a great holiday by being safe. You don’t have to let this pandemic affect your mood and can still enjoy holidays in a safe way.